Educational Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports into the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which include the next functional devices: workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, educational funding and Scholarships, scholar Suggestions Systems as well as the workplace associated with University Registrar.
The University of Kansas Office of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) acts pupils, families, in addition to community by giving federal, state, and institutional educational funding information and resources to help pupils in achieving their academic objectives. FAS is devoted to quality that is providing help solutions to its constituents while maintaining accountability within the administration of general public, institutional, and personal school funding funds. Services are created to offer the academic objectives for the student that is individual the objectives of this college because they relate with retention and graduation.
This place is important in administering education loan, work-study, and programs that are grant. These obligations require strong interpersonal abilities, focus on information plus the capacity to make use of a diverse pupil population, along with an aptitude for administering school funding programs to make sure conformity along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must efficiently administer educational funding programs in support of our objective to make sure access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job explanation 40% Coordination of most Loan Programs
- Must keep strong understanding of federal loan laws to make certain conformity and defenses regarding the University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the day-to-day processing of Direct Loans and personal loans.
- Assures conformity by reviewing daily/weekly loan reports to examine and resolve pupil degree problems surrounding yearly and aggregate loan restrictions, NSLDS checklists, along with other eligibility dilemmas.
- Executes reconciliation that is monthly of Loan programs along with scholar Ideas Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help correctly.
- Develops and keeps policy and procedure papers associated with all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes strategies for increased efficiency.
40% Work Learn and Give Administration:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas profession Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and honors properly.
- Monitors the FWS investment student and balance earnings, including utilising the DEMIS portal therefore the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenses.
- Corresponds with all the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings restrictions, possible increases in honors, and retroactive investment changes.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus partners.
- Accountable for keeping up-to-date with federal laws regarding FWS and developing/updating yearly policies and procedures.
- Functions as the liaison to your University job Center within the management associated with Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and honors the KU Overseas Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables regarding Glacier documents conclusion and places/releases holds on reports.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal SHOW grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil documents within the typical Origination and Disbursement system.
online payday loans
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related aid that is financial, and reacts completely to escalated inquiries, such as the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to fulfill costs.
- Reacts to complex questions (including escalated phone phone phone calls and visits) from potential pupils, present pupils, moms and dads, campus peers as well as others regarding aid that is financial and extra money has to go to, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( e.g. FAFSA conclusion, senior school occasions) to aid recruitment tasks along with KU Admissions office, and also other educational funding occasions on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 yrs experience that is relevant Master’s degree at period of visit.
- Experience doing work in educational funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising part of degree.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including knowledge about information question and analytics.
- Exemplary interaction abilities as evidenced by the program materials and interview procedure.
- Experience with interpreting regulations that are federal developing/implementing programs to conform to those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution skills, including using a population that is diverse.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem-solving for many different circumstances.