2nd HEIRRI Conference:
Education towards a responsible society, transforming universities through RRI
Aula der Wissenschaften, Vienna, Austria
April 27th, 2018
In this 2nd HEIRRI Conference we welcome contributions presenting RRI practices, projects, programmes and initiatives that demonstrate the application of RRI in higher education.
Specifically, we would like to invite applications that put a spotlight on activities designed to integrate more democratic governance in research and innovation with an emphasis on positive societal impacts along with a promotion and application of a more anticipatory, reflexive, inclusive and responsive approach to research and innovation into higher education curricula. The main emphasis should be placed on specific educational outcomes and achievements. We welcome applications from different countries, context and disciplines, both from the humanities and the natural and social sciences.
The abstract review process has been completed and results have been posted to the corresponding authors. Click here to see the complete list of the Accepted Abstracts for the 2nd HEIRRI Conference.
- Opening of abstract submission: October 26th, 2017
- New deadline for abstract submission: December 10th, 2017 (23:59 European Central Time)
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: December 20th, 2017
- New date for notification of acceptance/rejection: mid-January 2018
Rules for submission
- Participants are invited to submit original scientific abstracts for poster or verbal presentation (speed-dating session).
- Based on the authors’ preferences and the abstracts accepted, contributions will be located to either the speed-dating session or as poster presentations.
- The verbal presentation can either be a simple verbal intervention or can be conducted with the help of your own tablet or laptop or visual aids, leaflets and similar.
- For the speed-dating session, the time limit of 3 minutes must be respected.
- Abstracts should be written in English using a clear style. Max. of 2.000 characters.
- We recommend that abstracts are carefully compiled and thoroughly checked before submission, in particular the list of authors, to avoid last minute changes.
- Abstracts need to be submitted
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the conference by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors, provided that the abstract is finally accepted.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection by the Conference Committee will be mailed to the submitting author at the e-mail address supplied by mid-January 2018.
- Accepted abstracts have been published electronically as a single volume at the HEIRRI website.
⇒ Call for abstracts (download pdf file)
⇒ Free registration is open. Please, fill in this form with your personal information.
⇒ Join the event on Facebook and use the hashtag #HEIRRIConf on Twitter.